Following the felting idea, I decided to try wet and needle felting – I wanted to source old woollen blankets as a base but unfortunately had sent some to the Dogs Home, for use as bedding, only a few weeks earlier. It’s always the way if you decide to get rid of something then you can bet you’ll find you needed it after all!
Anyway instead of a blanket I used the sleeve of a wool jacket, which was left over from a deconstruct/reconstruct project. Again I was exploring my bark patterns.
I am really pleased with this and, what is more, other people are too. They have been laying in on their arms and talking about cuffs and textile jewellery. Definitely the start of something here – yey!